Monday, July 23, 2012

Stuff I've made Part 1.

It was recently my good ol' friends birthday. I wanted to make her something personal and special because she didn't want to celebrate her birthday this year. I made this to give her on a day that wasn't her birthday because I was following her rules.

It took time, effort, patience, love, craftiness, and that little thing we like to call Pinterest. I knew I pinned this one for a reason.

I love having personal photos up throughout my house. I also like things that are simple and uniform. This is one of those things that adds it all up into one.

What you need to make this:
  • 2 foam core boards
  • mod podge
  • Pictures (mine were stolen from said friends Instagram pics, and printed at walmart.com)
  • double sided tape, to hold the pictures in place
  • scissors because duh. 
  • Oh and a sponge brush because that makes the mod podge go on so much smoother.


First, I went to Walmart and picked up my 1 hour photos and supplies.
Then I came home went through all the pictures and picked out the best one. The hardest part of the project was cutting all pictures to size and making them fit in a symmetrical way across the entire boards. It took longer making sure all pictures fit correctly and looked right, then it did making the whole thing.

Next, once I figured out where I wanted all the pictures to be permanently, I stuck them to the board using double sided tape. Worked out well because once I started painting the mod podge on, it prevented the pictures from moving around. Good call on the double sided tape.

I went over the board about 3-4 times with mod podge just to ensure that I got all areas covered evenly and securely.
this is what it looks like with mod podge all over it. 

Once it was completely dry. I was able to wrap it up and deliver before it was her actual birthday. She loved it! It was a big hit and I am thinking about making me one for my house.

What do you think?

1 comment: