Monday, October 24, 2011

The Holiday's

As we head further into Fall, the holidays are right around the corner. If you feel like I feel, once Halloween hits, it seems like Thanksgiving and Christmas are the following weekend. 

I love the feel of the holidays. Something about the air, the comfort, and being able to eat and relax with your family, kids, and friends. With Halloween being next week I cant help but start missing my family.

I can honestly say that I have not been homesick since I have been in Texas. Basically, it has just felt like all my family and friends have been too busy to stop by the house. In reality that would be quite a commute for them, being a thousand miles away and all. 


However, it is starting to sink in a little bit more each day. 



Anyways, in theory it sounded nice to be able to relax for Thanksgiving and it just be us. But I will miss the hustle and bustle of family gathering, the commotion, the gossip, the food....

I guess when Christmas time comes and we are all back home,we will make up for the time we have been gone. Baking will take place, lots of crafting, dinners, hang outs, and pretty much just being us. 

Here is to our first Halloween, our first real holiday without any of our family.


Hope we survive, wish us luck! 

Miss you familia!

No comments:

Post a Comment