Sunday, October 2, 2011

My husband LOVES cupcakes...

As you may or may not know, my husband LOVE cupcakes. 
Marble are his fave but he also doesnt deny his love of vanilla or chocolate. 

On one of my pinning excursions I found a great recipe for Golden Vanilla cake and Super-Simple Chocolate Frosting. Basically, it had me at SUPER-SIMPLE. I got the recipes from here and here. I liked the combo of Vanilla and Chocolate so it wasn't too much chocolate or just all vanilla. It also made for a marble masterpiece on the Mr.'s taste buds. 
Let me just say I love when I have all the ingredients in my pantry already. It makes it easier for me to just jump on it. I hate when I have to go to the store, it takes to much time and energy. Gotta have the basics ready to go. 
     Anyways. I am not a big fan of cupcakes but let me tell you, the guy that knows his stuff had his own thoughts and opinions on how these came out. (see pictures at the end)
the cake

the frost


look how nice and FLUFFY!

quick and easy way to frost. 


my master taste tester


"how are they babe?"--he couldn't answer his mouth was full!





 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha cuuute!! ;) You should try making him mountain dew cupcakes! I always have wanted to try them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete