Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 5- A picture of somewhere you have been to




Steven and I are fortunate enough to have been able to take at least one trip every year that we have been together. These pictures were taken last year on Steven and I's trip to Virginia, Washington D.C., and Maryland. It was such an amazing (and long) vacation.
The first picture is from JFK Memorial. John Fitzgerald Kennedy is one of my favorite presidents. I have always been fascinated by his presidency and his assassination. I am by no means a history buff nor am I interested in politics at all. He is basically the extent of both those subjects.
The second picture is on the long dirt road to my Tia Lisa's house in Leesburg, Virginia. Its a great road because the way the trees curve into one, and it looks picturesque. It leads to another very long drive that takes you to her farm. Its amazing.
The third picture is very dear to me. This is the WWII Memorial in Washington, D.C. as well. It is very dear to me because there is a place there that is in memory of my tata Pascual Herrera who served in the war. It was so emotional to see his name placed in such a sacred and historical place. I love him.
The fourth picture is Lincoln Memorial. Ever since Forrest Gump where he ran to Jenny. Love it. Unfortunately they were remodeling it so it was dried out and full of dirt. Bummer.
Anyhow, I know this was supposed to be "a picture" but I really enjoyed my week long vacation.

2 comments: