Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I love food. I do.

     As you know, I gave up starches for lent. No bread, no pasta, no fun stuff that tastes so goooood. I gave it up for lent last year and it was easy. I tried to give it up during the summer and...fail. I think it is the whole religious aspect of it, not the diet thing. This year, it is going quite well. Once I got the handle on things, and house stocked with the foods I can have, it is actually pretty easy. Fridays is the hardest because I can't have meat or starches. It also helps me feel a lot better with the Chronic Fatigue and thyroid issues that I have. No carbs=more energy=happy me! 
     So the other day, I was at the airport looking for a snack to subside the hunger 'til I got home. As Steven was picking out candy and chips, I found a new snack bar that I love. I have had one before but I guess it was different because it did not taste as delish as this one. It was called Kind Plus Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants. I think the best thing about it is that it is Gluten Free. (Long story short I was going to attempt gluten free for lent to help with CFS but too much work.) Anyways. yum. The other bar I got, I had before but I'm addicted to nuts. Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Peanut flavored granola bars. Its hard to have just one. 
There have also been many granola type bars that I particularly love and need to keep on hand at home for the rest of my life.
Here are pics of my granola bars that I enjoy as well as some other tasty snacks that help me to stay away from the starches. 





 


2 comments:

  1. mm i love that laughing cow stuff but always forget to buy it!! so good though!
    and i LOVE me some apples and pb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would that be APB's on the fly?? JK.
    I saw a commercial for the Laughing Cow and they were eating it with fruits and veggies. I normally eat it with Water Crackers but since lent began i havent had it. I have been meaning to try it with apples or carrot sticks.

    ReplyDelete